[Hellsgate] Scadian new to Ansteorra

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:23:06 PDT 2011

I was there, Sir Dieterich. She didn't reek of sausage. Lady Johanna should
be all right :-)

But we'll keep an eye on her. If nothing else, we'll keep an eye on her for
her own protection. We wouldn't want her to be exploited for someone's
nefarious schemes, after all...

Meeting you last week was a pleasure, Lady Johanna! I look forward to seeing
you again!

Detlef

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Casey Weed <seoseaweed at gmail.com> wrote:

> Troublemaker.  Been in town less than a week and has already trod on
> kingdom
> law like some sort of East Kingdom doormat in the winter time.
>
> I hear she's Dutch, too... could be a friend of... well... *I* certainly
> won't speak his name.
>
> Watch this one closely, Hellsgate...
>
> Sir Dieterich
>
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Stephanie Kohan <smkohan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Greetings unto the populace of Hell's Gate,
> >
> > Allow me to introduce myself, I am Lady Johanna van der Luyden. I moved
> > Texas recently from upstate NY, and while there I was involved in the
> > Barony
> > of Concordia of the Snows (Albany). My interests include archery, bardic,
> > and all fiber arts. I'm here for a pharmacist position with the base, and
> > will be in the Copperas Cove area. This past week, I had the opportunity
> > meet some of you at the business meeting and social get together.
> Everyone
> > I've met has been very warm and welcoming, and I deeply appreciate it.
> :-D
> >
> > If I have not met you yet, I'm sure I will soon! :-)
> >
> > YIS,
> > Johanna
> > (mundanely Stephanie Kohan)

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!