[Hellsgate] New Maps! New Lands! New Opportunities!

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 04:01:24 PST 2011

At 10:01 PM 12/7/2011, you wrote:

(speaking of the Baronial land map...)

>Lord Alfred,
>
>         I'm afraid my Lady and I have no idea what this means and how it
>would impact us.  Could we perhaps get a mundane explanation as to what this
>all means?
>
>Thanks
>
>Lord Robert Westrynneman

There will be a large map of the Austin area at Yule Revel. People
will be able to "claim" lands on it and these claims will be marked
out on the map. How much land you get will be dependant on your SCA
rank (for example, a Duke would get more land than, say, a
Centurion.) Folks are requested to pay "taxes" on these lands--this
year it's a toy donation to Brown Santa, in the past it's been food
for the local food bank or SCA trinkets that were then used to pay
the Baronial Guard or for Their Excellencies to use for largess.

The original map is, apparently, getting a bit worn out and people
have come and gone, thus the desire for a new, updated map.

         -Tivar Moondragon
         fossil-in-residence