[Hellsgate] Latest Letter of Acceptances and Returns is out!

John Atkinson johnmatkinson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 05:43:56 PST 2011

*Daria Riley. * Name change from Daria of Atlantia.

Commenters were able to confirm that Saint Daria, a Roman martyr, was
venerated in England during our period. Edelweiss was able to document *
Riley* as a 16th century English surname. Therefore, this can be registered
as an entirely English name.
*Kenneth of Hellsgate. * Name and device. Vert, a chevron inverted and in
chief two lions combatant Or.

*Kenneth* is dated to 1641 in the "Records of the Parliaments of Scotland to
1707" (http://www.rps.ac.uk/). Hellsgate is the registered name of an SCA
branch.

Please inform the submitter that the chevron can move slightly down the
field so that the lions can be drawn larger.
*Lucas de Argent. * Name and device. Azure, a triskelion of armored legs and
a chief embattled argent.

Nice device!

Ioannes

--
"Thousands of Sarmatians, Thousands of Franks, we've slain them again and
again.  We're looking for thousands of Persians."