[Hellsgate] Candlemas greatness

Baroness Myfanwy ferch Eifion bb.bryngwlad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 11:52:14 PST 2011

Greetings unto the fair populace of Bryn Gwlad and Hellsgate!

What a whirlwind of activity at Candlemas.  We first want to thank everybody for your support.

Lady Magdalena, without you, the event wouldn't have occurred.  Your vision of New Spain was unique and enjoyable!  Thank you very much for rolling with the changes that occurred when it became an investiture and when the weather decided to play havoc in letting people travel.

Don Avery, retired Baron of Bryn Gwlad, thank you for stepping up to take over feast immediately after stepping down as Baron.  The food was well prepared, delivered timely and enjoyed by all.

There were many who took part in our investiture ceremony.  Mistress Saundra, thank you for being our voice.  Don Conor and Master Thomas, thank you for your advisement on the ceremony.  Centurion Maelgwyn and Lord Wilhelm, thank you for bringing your two companies into the ceremony.  Previous nobility of Bryn Gwlad, thank you for inspiring us.   Yasun Dancing Tyger, thank you for seeing us through our journey.  Alexander Gervase thank you for all you do for us.

Lady Alicia Kits Javelin and Sorcha Wallace, the Arts and Sciences and Bardic Champion scrolls were beautiful and unique.  You researched the theme and found a wonderful design to commemorate the day.  We also thank all of the scribes who worked on charters that were given this day for both Baronial and Kingdom awards.

Lady Sophie, thank you for making beautiful books for us to award to the champions.

For our new Bardic champion, Birna Ormstunga, the variety you displayed during your performance was outstanding.  We look forward to more in the future!  For our outgoing champion, Honorable Lord Brian, thank you for your guidance in making a successful first bardic champion competition.

For our new Arts and Sciences champion, Honorable Lord Timur Borte, your Elizabethan boots were superbly crafted while taking into consideration aspects of the event.  Honorable Lady Sosha, thank you setting high standards and providing additional prizes for your successor.

The following individuals received awards in our premier court:
Yves de Fleury - Award of Arms
Katherine of Bryn Gwlad - Award of Arms (given by Their Majesties Jean Paul and Gilyan) and a Golden Martlet
Gunnhildr Hroaldsdottir- Muse
Victor Meurisse - Award of Arms
Ashaya of Bryn Gwlad - Award of Arms

Vivat one and all!