[Hellsgate] Candlemas in Bryn Gwlad - Baronial Arts and Sciences Competition

Magdalena "Dena" Cortez pancua at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 20:36:47 PST 2011

Greetings onto the fair Kingdom of Ansteorra and its people!

Bryn Gwlad’s Candlemas Celebration will be held on February 5th. At that
time, a new Arts and Sciences Champion will be chosen to serve at the
pleasure of their new Halberd Excellencies, Master Pug and Mistress Myfanwy.

Entries submitted need not adhere to any specific theme. Artisans may choose
either a Static Arts display, submit a Research Paper, or offer a
Performance piece as their submission.

WITH REGARD TO PERFORMANCE A&S SUBMISSIONS: In order to encourage bardic
performances for the Bardic competition, performances for the Arts and
Sciences competition will be limited to either group performances or a Dance
piece. Should a group performance be selected, the “Champion” will be that
individual who was the primary researcher/organizer/leader of the
performance piece.

Documentation will be required on Static Arts displays and on Performance
pieces.

Research papers must be submitted by Friday, January 28th, in order for
those papers to be read and critiqued by judges in a timely manner. If this
deadline is too much of a hardship, please contact me, Lord Da’oud, the Arts
and Sciences Competition Steward, to discuss the matter. While I do not wish
to refuse anyone’s effort to compete, the judges must be given a reasonable
time to review such items.

Please contact me at dschref at swbell.net at your earliest convenience, to
indicate specifically what you will be presenting, how much table space you
will require, and whether you will need proximity to an electrical outlet
for your display. Obviously there are a limited number of outlets so we
cannot guarantee such, but we will try to make every accommodation. The
earlier you can indicate your submission, the better the chance in securing
the attendance of judges skilled in your area of expertise.

The standard Kingdom Judging Forms will be used in reviewing your
submissions. I recommend that artisans review these forms in preparing their
documentation or research paper. The forms can be found at the Kingdom
Ministry of Arts and Sciences Web page, http://moas.ansteorra.org/.

If you have any questions regarding this competition, please do not hesitate
to contact me—and GOOD LUCK!

In Service to the Barony of Bryn Gwlad
al-Syed Da’oud al-Rashid ibn Sayd ibn Jabir - Arts and Sciences Competition
Steward - dschref at swbell.net
Lady Magdelena "Dena" Cortez - 2011 Candlemas Event Steward -
pancua at gmail.com