[Hellsgate] 4th of July

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 12:34:51 PDT 2011

Okay, I've been so out of the loop (all I ever have time to do anymore is
either teach or prepare for classes) that I don't even know which end is up
anymore.

What's the where and when for this shin-dig?

Detlef

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Kat Owens <gatodelfuego at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the only live steel we will have on the parade route is rapier. I
> want people to get a good idea of what the SCA fighters use so heavie
> fighters please plan to carry your rattan
>
> On Jul 2, 2011 12:39 PM, "Stephen Amos" <theredmagex at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I'll gladly be on the float, I was having some trouble finding garb as it
> is
> and loaner armor is better than just jeans and a t-shirt lol. Also I have
> some real weapons (claymores, katanas, etc) that we could possibly attach
> the float for decoration if you guys are interested.
>
> Stephen
>

> ________________________________

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!