[Hellsgate] Parade/Demo

Ruiz ruizhorde at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 15:43:28 PDT 2011

It went very well! The parade/float had many people on it and many that walked.
Thanks Emerald Keep for coming and participating in the parade. Barney you did a
great job on the float and the brisket. Kat, Johney, and Barney managed to
keep everyone feed and watered. Thanks to Bryn Gwlad for showing up and helping
in the fighting part. It was a very hot day but people keep coming... and we
thought June was hot!! We had five families sign up to get more information,
three were serious and we will see again. One couple said they saw the float and
got so excited becase she played in California. They said they were not leaving
until they found us and was able to get contact information. I wanted to make
sure I thanked Rhyan and Michael, I was able to leave people who were interested
in fighting with them to try on armor. Jenn pretty much sit at information point
all day as I was everywhere, so thank you for being me!!! Tivar's voice and
experience helped the people standing around the list field to understand what
we were doing. I believe I got the bonus of the day because the last of the
oatmeal chocolate chip cookies came home with me. Johney did a excellent job
orgainizing and decorationg the float and general all around good cheer through
out the day. Kat you took this on as a personal challenge to yourself, to see if
you could organize a huge demo/event and pull it off. I believe you did just
that!! In doing so you learned a lot and the group will benefit from what you
learned. Every time I looked around someone was smiling and talking, yes it was
hot and tiring but it seemed everyone was having a good time. Michael and James
helped to break down tents especially the huge Emerald Keep tent, which looked
great out there. I know I will thank of more people as I sit here in the air
condition, eating ice cream, drinking a soda and generally chilling.
Great job Hellsgate!!!

Mel

I apologize for not being able to make it out today. I hope the event went
well.

Detlef