[Hellsgate] Camp Showers and Community Tentage

Liam Gordon cenliamgordon2005 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 05:32:34 PDT 2011

There are two things that I want to bring up here.  Camp Showers and
Community Tentage...

1- Camp Showers:  Last year, Savinious had a camp shower set up in camp that
worked great.  In speaking with Don Dore at the end of the War, he said that
he was willing to open it up to other folks within camp.  The only caveat
was he would need more barrels.  He used three last year, but in order to be
able to open it up for other folks, he said that we would need to have 3
more barrels.  The additional barrels would be purchased by other
individuals and they would be on the hook to transport and store them.

The barrals can be purchased for $15-$20 from Austin Home Brew Supply and
when emptied and dried, can be used as packing containers for other things.
Right now, the Dalassenos-Gordon household is on the hook for one barrel, so
we only need TWO more.  Who's got it?

2- Community Tentage:  In speaking with Her Excellency during the war last
year, we came up with an idea that we would like to ask the group (I will
post this on the BG website asking for input, also...).  We would like to
look into renting a big tent (maybe the size of the Ansteorran BFT for the
community tent.  The idea is that the rented tent would be where folks ate
their meals or gathered together for baronial business, or just sit
together.  This would do multiple things: it would allow for more of a
community feel within the group.  It would cut back on the number of garage
pavilions transported (I transport two, mine and Gideon's...  Gideon's was
used as a dinning area last year, mine was the Hall of Hero's.  Savinious
had two, one kitchen and one shower tent).  If we could cut it down to two
garage paviolions, that would rock (joint kitchen, one end Savinious, the
other McCleod (sp?, sorry) and the other the shower tent).

I'm throwing this out there for input, comments, concerns.

Thanks,

Liam

--
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit
materiari?