[Hellsgate] [Bryn-gwlad] Camp Showers and Community Tentage

Sean Gulick ssgulick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 07:19:55 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I would be very much in favor of hauling less each year and a community BFT seems like a great idea.  I still love the hall of heroes concept and so would be in favor of continuing that and of course still need kitchen space but if we were to merge dinning space under a pavilion large enough that all the various kitchens could have tables and chairs set up in there that would be great.    Only problem I have had in the past with just using one end of a garage pavillion for cooking is that I need space for storing all the coolers, dry goods etc.  We have often used one end of a garage pavilion as well as a stuff tent to make the area clean looking and usable.  However I am very much open to hearing suggestions/improvements.  If we just went common on the dining hall that would be one less garage pavilion to bring for MacLeod-de Clermot-Hoegaarden houses and we could be more strategic on things like lighting, pathways, etc.  I am also very much a fan of banners and we like to dress up our dining hall with lots of banners to raise the feel.  It would be great if the BFT can be set up with clear entrances/exits (perhaps one per side) where other walls can be decorated with folks personal banners.

Just thinking out loud and glad to see this discussion occurring early.

For our kitchen, I will also want to create a backup plan this year in case I have to do an earthquake/tsunami rapid response at the last minute.

Gideon