[Hellsgate] Geek Fest

Joe Simmons ESIMMONS001 at hot.rr.com
Sun Aug 12 18:15:37 PDT 2012

Greetings,
I just received the schedule for us for Saturday.  It seems that we are not
going to have as much leeway as I had thought.  When I was there Friday she
said there were a lot of groups like ours, (meaning larpers) also presenting
this weekend and that each of the groups had been given times so that
everyone had fair treatment.
That being said I am pursuing the Friday schedule. The only thing I know for
Friday currently is that set-up is 3-5pm.
As mentioned in a earlier message, we do have a table upstairs (Like Hood
Howdy) where we can talk about the SCA all day.  We now have 1 hour blocks
in a classroom for telling people who and what we are and do. Also 1 hr
blocks for outside heavy weapon.
There is a elavator to get our display pieces upstairs, however since we do
not have the classroom for the full day and will be time sharing it with
other groups, we do not need as much display and color as originally
planned. We are not restricted to the table between times, those who wish,
may wander freely and chat to people that way also.  Any questions let me
know.
See Schedule for Saturday below:
YIS
Eric

Below is what we have you scheduled for for next weekend. We ask that you
check in no later than one hour before your session starts in the
planetarium room 147. Please let me know as soon as possible, but no later
than Wednesday, if there are any conflicts or issues with the schedule below
or if you have any questions. If you or anyone you know will be needing
lodging, we have partnered with a few local hotels to provide a special rate
for Geekfest attendees. For more information, visit
http://starsatnight.org/geekfest/lodging.html.

DAY     Start Time      End Time        TITLE   Presenter       Building
Room

SAT     02:00 PM        3:00 PM Society for Creative Anachronism Demo   SCA
PLAN    118

SAT     03:00 PM        4:00 PM SCA Demo        SCA     OUTSIDE

SAT     05:00 PM        6:00 PM Society for Creative Anachronism Demo   SCA
PLAN    118

SAT     07:00 PM        8:00 PM SCA Demo       SCA     OUTSIDE

Thanks,

Jennifer Hetzel
Coordinator, CTC Continuing Education Personal & Professional Development