[Hellsgate] Thank you!

Scot Eddy mister_eddy2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 20:13:25 PST 2012

Dear Friends of Hellsgate,

I had a wonderful time at Yule this Saturday. I got to visit with many of you and talk about A&S (not sure how we DIDN'T get to talk about zombies, Michael). Believe it or not, I'm kind of an introvert so there were a couple of you I didn't get to meet. I will try to remedy that when we come up for a social in the future.

Most, if not all, of the brewing entries were from Hellsgaters. Keep up the good work. If you're brewing for fun, I salute you. Fun is a great reason to brew and vint. If you're brewing for A&S with the goal of a Thistle, Iris, or even a Laurel, that too is a noble reason and I salute you. I'm sure Stephen has spoken about this, but I will mention it also. Keep a journal of your brewing successes and failures. Recipes, alterations, source, questions, etc. That will be a helpful resource for your improvement. You should also start a portfolio. Add photos of each project you do (especially the ones you enter in a competition) list awards you recieved, competitions won, etc. That way people can see your progress.

Domino and Zandra had a fantastic time, as well. Zandra got to meet and play with new friends as well as old friends. She loved her gifts and had toshow them to everyone we saw today.

I look forward to seeing you all on a future Thursday evening. I'm putting my fighting kit back together so I'll get to cross swords with some of you as well!

Again, thank you for an enjoyable Yule!

Grace and Peace,

Jovian