[Hellsgate] Hellsgate Arts & Sciences Announcements

Stephanie Kohan smkohan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 05:28:29 PST 2012

It is unquestionable that the Stronghold’s artisans have many diverse
talents to share, teach, and be proud of. However, until recently, we did
not have a venue suited for regular meetings. With a new location for A&S
meetings available, I believe we are much closer to this goal. As your A&S
minister, I will help everyone who wishes to learn, teach, or practice a
medieval art or science to do so. Above all, I am here to support your A&S
endeavors.

Our first joint Cooking Guild/A&S meeting will be held at:

Killeen Community Center, 2201 E. Veterans Memorial Blvd, Killeen (same
location as Populace)

February 15th

8pm to 9:45pm

Room 105

Future meetings are planned for the 3rd Wednesday of every month, to
alternate with Populace.

The Cooking Guild will meet for the first half hour, led by Mel. We’ll
review a medieval cookbook, and discuss a recipe to prepare and share at
the next Guild meeting.

A&S will follow, led by Johanna. Each month, a period skill/craft/topic
will be discussed or taught. This month, Alexandra will be teaching a class
on how to make basic chainmail 4 in 1, and includes a take-home project. In
addition, I invite everyone to bring their current projects to A&S. You may
learn a helpful tip, or spark another’s interest in a craft.

If you would like to volunteer to share or teach a topic, please email me
at smkohan at gmail dot com. I encourage you to share your knowledge with
the Stronghold and fellow Hellsgaters! Added bonus – it counts towards the
Baronial Arts & Sciences competition! And while you learn, why not partake
of fresh medieval goodies as well?

YIS,

Johanna