[Hellsgate] Candlemas wonders

Phelim and Myfanwy bb.bryngwlad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 20:21:39 PST 2012

This past weekend was filled with many wonderful things that remind us why we love the SCA, Ansteorra, and Bryn Gwlad.

We would like to thank Lord Goldweard and his staff.  Your hard work in developing a plan and organizing the people made our Candlemas a wonderfully enjoyable event despite the tension of the news given that day.  Thank you!

Lord Wolf the feast was delicious and we were all well fed.  Thank you and all of your assistants for getting there early to provide us all with meat that was roasted over fire.

The musicians and dancers, thank you for continuing on the tradition of providing music and dance in bringing the light into the hall.  We also truly appreciate the continuance of dancing and music in between the removes.

Master Thomas and Master Timur, thank you for organizing our champion competitions.  Your organization kept us on track.  On a day where we frequently were running around like chickens with our heads cut off, it was truly appreciated to have somebody give us a brain.

Bryn Gwlad, so many of you helped, we could not even begin to name everybody.  We saw many people pitch in to help, be it their first or hundredth event.  You make us very proud and there are few words that can express our gratitude.  Thank you all!!!

Congratulations to Tangwystl verch Gruffydd for being not only our new Arts & Sciences champion but also our new Bardic champion!  Master Timur, thank you for the skills you taught this past year.  Lady Birna, thank you for your beautiful voice and song you gave us this past year.

Finally, congratulations to all the individuals who were recognized in court.  They are:
Ronin of Hellsgate - Dragon's Egg
Ceallach Mac Donald - Muse
Saundra of Loch Raeburn - Muse
Tivar Moondragon - Cross Fleury
Michael of Hellsgate - Rising Star
Sarah of Hellsgate - Rising Star
Kessaundra Haas - AoA
Khutulun Khilai - AoA
Madylyne Taylor - AoA (Actually was given at Queen's Champion)
Vasilli Alekseev -AoA (Actually was given at Queen's Champion)
Johanna van der Luyden - Comet for Hellsgate
Keyna Morgan Oulton - Comet for Hellsgate
Timur Borte - Comet for Hellsgate
Alexandra Bentbow - Comet for Hellsgate
Eric Bentbow - Comet for Hellsgate
Colin MacNactan - Sable Talon for Combat Archery
Vyolante Drago de Porto - Sable Crane

There were a few people who were not present at court and we will bestow their honors in the near future.

Phelim and Myfanwy
Baron and Baroness of Bryn Gwlad
Lord and Lady of Hellsgate