[Hellsgate] Social tonight

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 18:03:35 PST 2012

At 02:49 PM 1/26/2012, you wrote:

>I hope to see everyone tonight at social. I am bringing out the
>class list for Candlemas for people to look at. Put Candlemas on
>your calendars as it is a fun and educational event and if you are
>one of our new members I promise to introduce you to some really
>exciting folks.
>
>See ya'll tonight
>
>Melisenda

Speaking of classes at Candlemas, I'm teaching a couple that should
be of interest to rapier fighters (or aspiring rapier fighters.)
Specifically, Combat Anatomy (or, "If that was a real sword, what
would it have just done to you?") and A History of Rapier Combat in the SCA.

New fighters who've never taken my Combat Anatomy class are
encouraged to do so--it'll give you the most realistic insight into
blow-calling available, without using up your friends. And anybody
who's curious about how SCA rapier started, or why things are the way
they are is invited to come listen, and ask questions of Ansteorra's
premier White Scarf and Resident Rapier Fossil.

         -Tivar Moondragon