[Hellsgate] And now for something completely different

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 17:23:34 PDT 2012

At 06:47 PM 7/13/2012, you wrote:
>Greetings to the list,
>The Central Texas College (CTC), Geek Fest is being held again this
>year. For those of you who do not know the Geek Fest is Killeens
>small Sci-fi Con held at CTC. This is their third year of doing the
>CON,  The dates for this years are August 17th and 18th. They still
>have some openings for presenters, and there is no charge for
>presenters.  Might be a chance to tap into some college age
>recruits.  Any recruits gained there might help the SCA overall as
>some will be moving on to other Colleges, or jobs elsewhere in the
>Known World.  Just a thought, and they did invite us at the last
>Hood Howdy to do a presentation. Anyway, something to think about,
>if there is time to get it approved through channels.  I do not know
>when the cut off for paperwork for presenters is, so this is why I
>have mentioned it. I'll try to get more info on Monday.
>
>Yours in Service
>Lord Eric Bentbow

Checking their website  http://www.starsatnight.org/geekfest/ that
looks like fun, and it's a weekend I'm not working, so if the folks
from Hellsgate do this, you might get at least one Bryn Gwlader there as well.

If there's a demo, I can do: rapier fighting, marshalling on either
field, hands-on armor display, talking about the SCA in general,
maybe showing off a few weapons.

         -Tivar Moondragon