[Hellsgate] A&S Odds and Ends

Stephanie Kohan smkohan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 11:42:09 PDT 2012

First, the populace came out strong at A&S on Wednesday for part 2 of
Giovanni's class. We had no less than 7 (!) people show off their leather
jacks, as well as period dyeing and and tooling. Timur also led a leather
tooling tutorial.

Giovanni wanted to pass on that you can obtain a more cylindrical body by
dampening the leather and placing a round bottle inside it. When the
leather dries, it will better hold its rounded shape. However, be cautious
with the size bottle you choose - if it is too big, you will have a
difficult time removing it from the jack when it dries.

Second, we as a group have come a long way in the past couple months, and
the explosion of activity is awesome. :-) As MoAS, I want to brag all I can
to kingdom about our achievements - and that's where *you* come in!  I need
your eyes and ears. If you teach, if you are working on an A&S project
(garb, leather, kumihimo, etc the list is looong) and our paths do not
happen to cross, please help me note it, so that no Hellsgater's work is
missed or overlooked. A text or email is always welcome. :D Thank you for
your time.

YIS,
Johanna