[Hellsgate] Thoughts on Demo

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:32:28 PDT 2012

What about doing something on Hood, even informally?

You're missing out on a HUGE freakin' population at Hood, for Pete's sake.
Why do I see nothing about that on the list, too?  What demos are planned
for Hood?  There are over 100k people on Hood and if we could get 1/1000th
of them to consider the SCA, amazing things would happen.  You're talking a
fairly young, fit population that might find this history stuff interesting.

Yeah, getting on Hood is kinda a pain, but you know, so is driving to an
event three hours away or getting your oil changed, or getting a yearly
inspection.

Helene

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM, STEPHEN STEGER <knightslament at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Ok thank you all so far for the input. I do want to clear two points. 1 I
> dont intend on anyone outside the group on assisting. its nice if they do,
> but it would be our demo. 2 I was well aware of shadowlands event. I
> checked their site, nothing but a blurb about it being their birthday, and
> thats on a google calendar. No other info or mention of hosting an event on
> their site.  if their event is one day only like quite a few are, then i
> dont see  an issue doing a demo the other two days.  Lastly, were missing a
> whole bunch of prospect membership not having anything near temple, belton,
> or salado. A booth at the fair will put over a thousand in foot traffic
> within sight and sound of someone in garb, not only from our area but
> across our kingdom, and with some literature we can support the entire
> kingdom by putting potential members on the path.
> ------------------------------
>  On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 8:41 AM CDT John Atkinson wrote:
>
>  >I would be very surprised if the nobility blessed off doing a demo
>  >against a local event. And if I have a choice between a demo and a
>  >tourney, I'm at the tourney, even if it is a relatively small event.
>  >As for whether folks would be going to Shadowlands, if you are free
>  >enough to do a demo, you really ought to go support a local group at
>  >their local event. Just saying.
>  >
>  >Ioannes
>  >who is just a dumb stick jock who take deCharny seriously
>  >
>  >On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 7:59 AM, <dramascout at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  >> Not a bad idea. However the point of the shadowlands event was that it
> would draw peerage and royalty away from supporting us and coming to lend a
> hand making our demo that much better. A demo hasent been done for a LONG
> time and we can use one. However that is not the best date.
>  >>
>  >> Lucas
>  >> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
>  >>

"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant series
of news items that do not affect them personally."- Robert Gates, Secretary
of Defense.