[Hellsgate] Geekfest Demo

John Atkinson johnmatkinson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 14:17:55 PDT 2012

Not to be an ass, but if the fighter is defending, even with a
buckler, he should be able to keep a fresh newbie from landing stick
on him anywhere he didn't want to be hit.  Just sayin'.

I'll be doing Pennsic recovery that weekend, but I will attempt to
make it out for some of the fun - and if I do, I'm bringing the toys.

Ioannes

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Michael Hagen <mfhagen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Scared they'll hit too hard? As long as they dont get a great sword and home run derby your head it shouldn't be too terrible. Restrict it to 1 handed weapons. Also if they don't know the propper attacks or hits as it were its not going to be painful.
>
> Ld Keegan
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 25, 2012, at 9:37 AM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Fight the Knight or Whack-a-Knight using boffer weapons falls more
>>> into the category of "game" than actual combat. It's (generally) fun
>>> with younger kids, but I'd be a little hesitant to do it with
>>> college-age kids.
>>
>> When searching on the Web, someone in
>> http://sbgswordforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=15947
>> wrote "Another favorite thing we run around here is whack a
>> knight. You give people a shield and rattan sword, the SCA folks get a
>> foam sword and you let people try it out so to speak. And of course
>> you go easy.", but I don't know whether that's getting into Crazyland
>> or not.
>>
>> Danet de Lyncoln
>> --
>> Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com