[Hellsgate] New-ish to the area

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 12:04:51 PDT 2012

Lord Keegan, you've come to the right place. It pains me that it took you
as long as it did to find us. We had our first tournament yesterday. We
would have LOVED to have you there! It looks like we as a group need to
make ourselves a little more accessible. If you had been able to get the
contact information by Friday, you might have been able to join us. It was
a small event with about 60 people in attendance.

Meanwhile, we have a social gathering at Carl Levin Park in Harker Heights
every Thursday evening, starting at 7:30 p.m. I should be there; I have
plans to be there, if nothing else intervenes. Our seneschal, treasurer,
hospitaller, and A&S minister are subscribed to the list, and I am sure
that you will hear from them as soon as they find your message. They will
also be at the social gathering in Harker Heights.

Welcome to our neck of the woods!

Detlef von Marburg

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Michael Hagen <mfhagen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> I'm new to the area, kind of. My family and I were stationed here January
> of 2011 and I deployed with the air cav shortly after our arrival. I have
> just recently returned home. I have played in the Sca on and off for the
> last 15 years or so. I'm originally from the Texarkana area and was
> associated with the shire of Talondale. We fell under the kingdom of Gleann
>  Abhan.  I'm interested in joining your group. I've been searching for the
> last couple of days for a reliable way to contact you and this seemed to be
> the best way. I hope you don't mind. Any information you could provide on
> gatherings and what not would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
>
> Yours in Service,
> Lord Keegan MacMuirigen
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Hƿæt! Ƿe Gardena       in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,       þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas       ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing       sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,       meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.       Syððan ærest ƿearð
feasceaft funden,       he þæs frofre gebad,
ƿeox under ƿolcnum,       ƿeorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghƿylc       þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade       hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.       þæt ƿæs god cyning!