[Hellsgate] Period cooks and brewers

Ruiz ruizhorde at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 12:14:59 PDT 2012

Follow the link and read more about this.  Stephan I think me and you need to get to this.

Supper with Shakespeare: The Evolution of English Banqueting

Third Thursday: Dinner Party
Thursday, December 20, 2012
6 – 9 p.m.

Museum-wide

JOIN a Tudor-era recipe swap.
DESIGN a posh dish pattern.
SAMPLE baked goods straight out of Shakespearean times.
ROCK OUT to music by femme fatales L'Assassins.
Free; refreshments for sale

CrossTalk Tudor Keg Party: Presentation and Beer Tasting
Thursday, January 31, 2013
6 – 8:30 p.m.

Target Wing Reception Hall

Wet your whistle and wade into beer history in this extended CrossTalk featuring Summit brewer Eric Harper and food historian Jeffrey Pilcher.
Taste a Tudor-style ale created by Harper and brewed by Summit in honor of the MIA exhibition, "Supper with Shakespeare." Learn about archaic beer recipes, brewing history, and the resurgence of craft brewing. Top off the evening with your own insights and questions.
Eric Harper, brewer at Summit Brewing Company, was creator of the limited-edition Unchained Series Belgian Style Golden Ale and its newest edition, Old 152.
Jeffrey Pilcher is a food historian at the University of Minnesota. His most recent book is Planet Taco: A Global History of Mexican Food, (2012).
$10; $5 for MIA members. To reserve tickets, call (612) 870-6323 or reserve tickets online.

http://www.artsmia. org/index. php?section_ id=2&exh_ id=4561