[Hellsgate] Geekfest Update

Erwin Simmons ESIMMONS001 at HOT.RR.COM
Fri Aug 9 08:46:35 PDT 2013

This just in...and wow!.  Ok, I have just returned from CTC and picking
up our packet. Things have changed from last year.  Geekfest will be
both Saturday and Sunday.  I am supposed to get the full schedule with
listed/posted times today or tomorrow, from the person organizing that.
Confirmed changes are listed below.  We can set up the list field if we
want on Friday afternoon/evening or arrive early Saturday morning and
set up then.

1. We will be in Bldg # 156, not in the bldg from last year.  So we will
need someone to wander between bldgs. and hand out flyers and point them
towards us.  May not be too much though, because all the vendors etc
will be in with us. Although Vendor booths will be on the second (2)
floor. The gamers will still be in the planetarium, so they may need
some gentle persuasion...lol

2. We currently have one (1) table inside 156 on the 1st floor. (may get
2 depending on the day.)

3. Our List Field and Pop-up will be located near bldg 156 on the grassy
field where the Quidditch game, Humans vs. Zombies and other demos will
be held.

4. Parking lot is close to where I plan setting up, so access to the
Rapiers and equipment we be closer.

5. Rapiers do need to be secured between demo fights and cannot be
offered to be held by anyone other than SCAers working the convention.
If we have a locked box that we can secure the Rapiers and it is watched
then we comply with security requirements.

6. We can do unscheduled fights i.e. pick-ups. However, please keep in
mind that someone needs to be fresh enough for the scheduled fight
demos...lol

7. Classroom presentations are currently scheduled for 5pm and 8pm
Saturday, 8 am and 11am Sunday at the same bldg as last yr.

  Any questions, send me a email and I will try to answer.  Hopefully I
will have the other definitive times before the end of the day.

Eric