[Hellsgate] Geekfest and a little bit of everything

Erwin Simmons ESIMMONS001 at HOT.RR.COM
Mon Aug 19 11:47:57 PDT 2013

Greetings and salutations to whom this missive comes. Geekfest is over
and what a couple days. Everything was changed from last year, with
three areas that we had to operate. Our Demo table, a fighting area to
showcase both Chivalric and Rapier fighting and a Classroom
presentation. We also had the stage presentation scheduled three times.
We did manage one of those.
I want to thank all those who came out to make this Demo a success and
to run smoothly.  All those members of Hellsgate that could get time to
assist, Master Tivar from Bryn Gwlad and those people from Emerald Keep
that also came to support is.  I apologize that I do not know all the names.
It was a tiring, trying and hot undertaking, but we pushed through and
showed the strength, cooperation, enthusiasm and teamwork that I have
seen and come to expect in Hellsgate since I first joined this wonderful
group and has continued.
Between the three venues we talked with 100's of people and garnered 51
signatures of interest and distributed about 60 invites to our upcoming
luncheon.  Please think about how your part and your perception of how
things went so we can discuss the strengths and weaknesses at Sept.
populace and start plans for next year.
So once again a great job by one and all. Pat yourselves on the back.
Rest up, (I know I need it) and on to LPT and the Luncheon.
August has been a whirlwind. I will post the minutes from the August
Populace meeting soon. I do apologize for the lateness of that, but as
we all know we started August running and have not slowed down.
Please do not forget about A&S night Wednesday at 8pm at the Killeen
Community Center. Master Timur Borte will be teaching Pewter Casting.
Also our Tiny Tourney on Thursday night. Garb! Yay!

Yours in Service
Lord Eric Bentbow
Seneschal      Stronghold of Hellsgate