[Hellsgate] Newb to the Kingdom!

Katelyn Rachelle systematic.assent at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 10:07:50 PST 2013

Hello,

My name is Katelyn and a friend of mine told my husband and I about the SCA
when we were on leave in California earlier this month. She found the local
Kingdom near us and I am wanting to delve into something that will keep me
entertained as well as teach me new things. My husband (Stefan) likes the
idea of battles and beating people with sticks (well, not exactly--but you
get the gist of it!)

I am a stay-at-home housewife at the moment, and he is Active Duty
Infantry. We have no kids. I craft jewelry and constantly try new idea off
Pinterest. We're interested in making mead/beer/drinks, and I'm interested
in anything to do with jewelry and also want to learn how to sew/embroider.
My husband is also a history buff and likes learning more about Norse lore;
I learn towards Paganism so I like learning about history and customs.

On the weekends we like to drive to random new places to explore Texas
(both of us are from California so it's foreign territory here), drink,
watch movies, and play card games.

Basically, I feel like something like this outside of the drama-driven Army
life will be a good fit for us to blow off steam and be around people we'd
actually have something in COMMON with!

You can find me on Facebook: Katelyn Wingereid.

Hope to meet you all soon!