[Hellsgate] Candlemas A&S Thank Yous

Martha Schreffler mot at swbell.net
Sun Feb 3 10:32:02 PST 2013

What a fantastic turn-out we had for Candlemas arts and
sciences!  I would like to thank all the
artisans who shared their work with us.  From beginner to advanced, each artisan had something unique and special
to show and it was a real gift to the rest of us.

I would like to thank Lord Da’oud for coordinating the
Novice Competition and populace vote, Lady Elen for coordinating the Children’s
competition and conducting the Viking Treasure necklace class, and Marie de
Meaux for her able assistance where needed.   Thank you, Lady Sharon and Goldweard for
supplying tablecloths, Lady Alicia for supplying forms and putting the info on
the website, Stephan and Maelgwyn for heralding and the set-up team for putting
the tables in place.  Thank you to the
twenty people who volunteered to judge the championship competition. And to our
Baron and Baroness for their support of the arts.  Lastly, much appreciation all those who took
time to vote and to leave largesse for the artisans.

Below is a list of those who participated taken from the
sign-in sheets. My apologies if I missed anyone or misread your handwriting! –
Amata

Bryn Bwlad A&S Championship Competition

Lady Elen verch Phellip – Medieval Egyptian Socks  (winner – A&S Champion)
Havaar Ericsson – Making of Runestones
Master Timur Borte – 14th century Leather Shoes
Joscelin Michele – Baked Mete
Capten Rhys – Stuffed Eggs
Thomas of Tenby – Ballade
Corvin di Fenarro – Blueberry Mead
Gwenneth Bowynne – Bobbin Lace
Lady Penelope de Bourbon – 15th century Book of
Castilian Poems
Honorable Lady Sosha Lyons O’Rourke – Use of Peacock
Lady Madalena de Orozco – Hand thrown plate decorated with
14th century Gothic Maiolica

Bryn Gwlad Novice A&S Competition

Shan Shu Li – Chinese Brush Painting (winner by populace
vote)
Lady Catlin – Cotehardie and gloves
Angus laurant MacBain – inkle loom weaving
Nils Athendoros – Greek dipylon shield
Jocelyn Marie D’Anjou – Illuminated manuscript
Simona della Luna – Almond butter
Lady Johanna vander Luyden – Mongol hat
Francisca Sastre de Arellano – Illumination

Bryn Gwlad Arts and Sciences Display

Capten Rhys – Armor stand
Thomas of Tenby – “Welsh sonnet”
Safiya bint Khalid – Letter of Intent
Ysabeau of Prague – Fuzzy Hat
Baroness Louise Elizabeth Mendenhale – round shawl
Lady Elen verch Phellip – London hood
Marie de Meaux – bath salts
Amata Amati d’Arezzo – maiolica inkwell
Willoc Mac Muiredaig – Centurian cloak

Bryn Gwlad Children’s Arts and Sciences (6-12)

Rachel and Andrew – Bread and Butter
Ian – Futhark Runes
Zandra – treasure necklace
Caylee – treasure necklace