[Hellsgate] Candlemas Thank Yous and Congratulations

Phelim and Myfanwy bb.bryngwlad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:47:09 PST 2013

Beautiful art and sciences were displayed, wonderful stories and songs were shared, dancing and merriment ensued, and many deserving people received recognition.  We would like to say thank you to some of the many who made this event possible:
Lady Alicia thank you for stewarding this event and recruiting a great staff to run all of the aspects of the event.
Lord Wilhelm for preparing a much enjoyed German feast.
Honorable Lady Sabina, we truly appreciate the thought and quality you give to our champion prize baskets.
Safiya and Lady Elen, the scrolls were beautiful.
Master Thomas, the bardic competition was superb and your enthusiasm made it that much stronger.
Lord Da'ud, thank you very much for keeping our begging A&S competition running smoothly.
Mistress Amata, thank you for running the A&S champion tournament and lining up judges beforehand so that there was no last minute scramble.
Lady Elen, the Children's A&S encouraged many of our youth to learn and create.
Lord Stephen, stepping in at the last minute to run the brewing competition is one of the many reasons you did receive your AoA.  Thank you!
Lady Renée, your Halberd cover competition was a superb idea and the covers you received will be beautiful on our future newsletters.

At Candlemas, several of our members received recognition:
Golden Martlet - Gwenneth Bowynne of Glamorgan, Kessundra Haas, and Alicia Kyra Avelin
Muse - Johanna van der Luyden and Willoc mac Meiredaig
AoA - Asta Bassadottir, Havaar Ericsson, Stephen Johanne Wilhelm Steger, Wentiliana Haas
Compass Rose - Dante Ragusa
Sable Talon -  Marie de Girau (Rapier combat), Christian Milton (Chivalric Combat), Vasilii Alekseev (Chivalric combat)
Sable Thistle - Sharon of Conway (Ambiance)

In addition, we want to say thank you to our outgoing Bardic and A&S champion, Lady Tangwystyl and her service to our Barony and Stronghold through writing us a choral piece and making beautiful candleholders for our head table.

The competition for both A&S and Bardic was phenomenal.  The A&S scores were very close and the Bardic was discussed until just before court. We named Lady Elen our new A&S champion with her piece of the Egyptian socks.  Honorable Lord Snorri was named our Bardic champion.  We look forward to spending the year with these two wonderful individuals as our champion!

Phelim and Myfanwy
Baron and Baroness of Bryn Gwlad
Lord and Lady of Hellsgate