[Hellsgate] Bids for Bryn Gwlad Fall Baronial at the next business meeting (April 8)

Bryn Gwlad Seneschal bgseneschal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 14:08:01 PDT 2013

As those of us who journeyed to Gulf Wars finish unpacking and those who
kept the home fires burning listen to stories of war, I would like to
remind everyone that we will be accepting bids for the Bryn Gwlad Fall
Baronial Event at the business meeting on April 8.

If you would like to submit a bid, please let me (seneschal) and the Baron
and Baroness know as soon as possible. There is an event budget worksheet
available on the Bryn Gwlad website:
http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/exch/that you can use as a baseline to
submit as part of your bid.

We have reserved Castleton for the weekend, but we are also open to bids
for events that will be held on other sites if you know of one.

It is highly recommended that your bid include a theme, the names of the
key department heads (feast steward, land steward, etc.) and any other
pertinent information that will help the populace make a decision. If you
have not stewarded an event before, you will be required to have a mentor
to help guide you through the process. In this case, your mentor should be
someone who has successfully stewarded a large camping event before.

If you are interested in stewarding an event in the future but aren't ready
to do it on your own, I would like for you to consider shadowing whoever
gets the bid to learn more about the details of the job.

Let the bidding begin! Do I hear a mongol-themed event going once? A
12th-century setting involving  Stephen's and Maud's forces going twice? A
cheese goo war going thrice?

In Service,
Ysabeau of Prague
Seneschal, Barony of Bryn Gwlad