[Hellsgate] Fw: [Ansteorra] All call : Looking for Ansteorran Moneyers (or those interested).

Stephan stephan at hellsgatearts.org
Wed May 29 13:18:16 PDT 2013

For those not on the Kingdom list

YIS,
Stephan

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Josh Handel <jhandel at ourtreehouse.org>
To: "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:40 AM
Subject: [Ansteorra] All call : Looking for Ansteorran Moneyers (or those interested).

*         Do you make mad medieval money?

*         Can you, given a few days of notice and a few blank pieces of metal,  go from a rags to riches?

*         Do you look down at a really COOL site token and think "I really want to learn how to make those"

*         Have you ever held a set of coin dies in your hand, with a small bead of sweat rolling down your forehead, while your best friend swings a mighty hammer with all his might down onto the dies?

*         Does any of this sound fun, exciting, or down right fantastic?

If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then you might just be an Ansteorran Moneyer (or a latent moneyer waiting to be discovered)!!

To help promote the art of Moneying & Coin-Strking in Ansteorra I have setup an "unofficial" Facebook group and invite any of you with an inkling towards the arts of engraving coin-dies, making planchets or striking coins to join in the conversation and community.  There we can:

*         share stories, photos, videos & Documents

*         give and receive advice and encouragement

*         exchange trade secrets (shhh counterfeiters and Trimarans not allowed :-P)

*         And of course, in general, have loads of fun.

You can find the new group at :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/anstmoneyers/

Feel free to forward this on to anyone in kingdom that may be interested :)... If you have out of kingdom friends who are moneyers (even Trimarans), let them know about the most awesome FB group Inter-Kingdom Moneyer's Guild<https://www.facebook.com/groups/210521475718610/> located at :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/210521475718610/ these guys are a great help and wonderful community of moneyer's that span the known world!

Ld. Martin "Hands" Malone
Operator & Proprietor of a mint in Bryn Gwlad and general moneying enthusiast.