[Hellsgate] Populace notes for November 2013

Erwin Simmons ESIMMONS001 at HOT.RR.COM
Thu Nov 7 08:05:58 PST 2013

For those of you who were unable to attend Populace last night, here are
the notes and results of last nights meeting; with some background for
those of you not in the know.
The meeting opened at 2007 (8:07) pm.  Closed at 2134 (9:34) pm.
Including myself there were 19 gentles in attendance.
Reminder that this populace meeting will be our last one at the Killeen
Community Center for a number of months due to the building being
renovated.  Next Populace will be at the IHOP in Harker Heights, in
front of the Carl Levin Park. Time is the same as regular Populace.
A&S night  this month will be at the Killeen Community Center as usual.
The December A&S class will be held at the Copperas Cove Library at the
normal time. It will continue at the CC Library unless a more central
site is located.
2nd Saturday FP is this Saturday at Longbranch Park, 1000 am.
2nd Sunday Guild Meetings rescheduled to the 3rd Sunday due to other
commitments for Master Timur and Mistress Melesinde.
Tiny Tourney Thursday night (tonight) at the Amphitheater. It is GARB
night also, and dress warm.
We had put in a bid for Crown Tourney, which sadly we did not get.
Ravensfort was selected for Crown Tourney host. We wish all luck to them
in this venture.
The two new members of the Finance Committee needing to sign the
signature card will meet with Lady Asta at the bank 900 am, Saturday
morning.
Lord Maelgwyn announced that Open Shop will be happening Monday evening.
Also he has a new phone number. Please message Lord Maelgwyn for his number.
Lady Johanna announced that her office will be open in January. So
applications for the new A&S Officer are due.
Lord Stephan is now our Rapier Marshal for Hellsgate as a deputy to the
Bryn Gwlad Rapier Marshal.
It was decided that we would not participate in the Killeen Christmas
Parade.
Care packages for our deployed members were discussed and it was agreed
that we would like to do them. Lord Havaar and milady Jocelin
(spelling)  will be heading up this task. Along with others assisting.
Deadline is by the 1st of December (preferably sooner) in order to meet
requirements to get the packages to them in a timely manner.  If you
wish to be involved with this please contact Lord Havaar.
Due to scheduling difficulties and Holiday activities it was decided to
cancel the Quarterly Luncheon for November and to plan for the February
Luncheon after the next Hood Howdy.
The main event of the evening was the vote for the bids for Commander's
Crucible.
In October the Finance Committee reviewed two bids for Commander's
Crucible. Both bids were looked at for viability for the type of event
being bid. One for a camping event and one for a one day event.  After
discussion with the committee and discussion with the Stewards of both
bids; and requests from the committee to both stewards for either
explanation of specific costs or adjustments to certain costs, it was
decided by the committee, that since they were diametrically different
and financially viable for the event type, that both bids would go
forward to populace vote.
Last night each Steward presented their event ideas, location and
activities. There were questions from the populace for both stewards.
Both bids were well presented and each had great merits. After the
presentation and questions an anonymous vote was taken and counted.
Thank you Bean for taking on the task of counting the ballots. The
ballots were counted three times. The results being 12 for Camping and 6
for indoor.  Therefore based on the votes of the populace present,
Commander's Crucible will be a camping event from Friday-Sunday.
I want to thank both people who presented their bids for doing so and
for stepping up to act as Steward. For the winning bid, congratulations.
For the losing bid, please do not let this get you down, The bid was
well done and well thought out. I know we look forward to seeing you
Steward an event soon.

Yours in Service
Lord Eric Bentbow
Seneschal   Stronghold of Hellsgate