[Hellsgate] The Bryn Gwlad Chronicler's Office will be opening for Applications soon!

Bryn Gwlad Chronicler bgchronicler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 15:39:22 PDT 2014

Bonjour Fair Barony and Stronghold,

As I have recently mentioned to many of you, my warrant as your Chronicler
will soon be up.

Last night at the Business meeting, it was decided that we will open the
office for applications starting in May, with the deadline being the
Business meeting on June 9th.

In order to qualify, you must be a paid member and you will be required to
take the Chronicler’s Warranting Class at the next King’s Round Table in
July if you have not had the class recently.

Should you be interested in the position, the application to become an
officer is here:

http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/forms/ApplicationJan08.pdf

You will need to send copies of the application, along with a photo I.D.
and proof of current membership to:

The Kingdom Chronicler:  kingdom at chronicler.ansteorra.org

The Southern Regional Chronicler:  southern at chronicler.ansteorra.org

Their Excellencies of Bryn Gwlad:  bb.bryngwlad at gmail.com

The Bryn Gwlad Chronicler (Me): bgchronicler at gmail.com

Some duties of the office include, but are not limited to:

Attending monthly baronial business meetings to record the minutes.

Accurately transcribing the meeting minutes and make them available to the
populace, typically included in the local newsletter.

Produce and maintain a local newsletter, due out once a month.  The
newsletter is not limited to, but must include:

            Proper name and dates of publication and local branch of the
Society for Creative Anachronism

            Meeting Minutes

            Officer Contact information

            List of Current Champions

            Regularly scheduled meetings and local gatherings

            A copyright and disclaimer statement

            You must collect and maintain release forms for nearly all
creative works submitted.

I highly recommend that you familiarize yourself section four of the
Ansteorran Chronicler’s Handbook here:
http://chronicler.ansteorra.org/Forms/AnstChronHandbook.pdf

If you have any questions about the office and what is required, I will be
available at PiP on tonight and will have time to talk to people. I will
also have copies of The Halberd available for those who may like to look
through them.

I have family coming in from out of town in just over a week, so I doubt I
will be at another PiP before May 13th. If you are seriously interested in
the office, but cannot make it out to PiP this Tuesday, please let me know.
I will be glad to make a time to meet and answer any questions you may have
about what the job entails.

If this is something you think you can do, and/or know you want to do,
please consider applying.

In humble service,
Lady Renée du Valier,
Baronial Chronicler