[Hellsgate] Saved in the nick of time.

Stephan stephan at hellsgatearts.org
Tue Aug 5 14:50:21 PDT 2014

~dramatic sigh~

I was this close to stepping down as Webminister. Reason being that one of the requirements for my office is to have reliable internet service. I had  such and a back up, but a few weeks back my USB modem up and started having connectivity issues. Come to find out the company was purchased by Sprint who doesn't have a local tower for service. My back up was my cell phone which had a wifi hotspot feature. This also died and when I tried replacing it i was informed my cell phone carrier was purchased by AT&T, and will no longer have phones with tether or internet sharing capabilities. Since then it has been going to coffee shops and the library and other free wifi spots to get anything accomplished There is only one company doing home internet in my area and we couldn't get it. But today I was able to secure a new two year contract for a mobile broadband device for 0.97 + tax. So if I have missed anything I apologize, but am back online.

In humble service to the dream,
Ld. Stephan