[Hellsgate] Thanks for Dance and Music Symposium with Guardian of the Gauntlet

myfanwy at pug.net myfanwy at pug.net
Tue Feb 25 09:56:24 PST 2014

On Saturday Bryn Gwlad hosted a Dance and Music Symposium with Guardian of the Gauntlet.  If you missed it, you missed a beautiful day outside with wonderful classes inside and a superb European Ball and Hafla in the evening!

Although I was the primary steward for this event and Don Doré as the steward for Guardian of the Gauntlet, I could not have been as successful without a bunch of wonderful people supporting me and helping this happen.

Master Pug, my dear wonderful husband who understood my passion and agreed to help me even though we had just stepped down a few weeks ago.  He was there early with me, left late with me, and helped me verify that all the rooms were clean and placed back to how we found them.

Mistress Amata, your instructors in not only musical instruments but other musical interests were inspirational to me.  I had pitched this idea as primarily dancing and having musicians as a support to the dancers but having the music class be so much more was a reward!

Baroness Simone, I asked you take on the task of coordinating the Middle Eastern Dance track and you did a superb job!  I know that there was a shortage of teachers due to other occasions this weekend but I heard wonderful reviews of the classes offered.

Honorable Lady Lowrie, you were the one to encourage me to go ahead and make this happen quickly.  In return, you managed to get three full tracks of european dance classes!  Thank you!!  In addition, you helped get a scavenger hunt organized and although only a few attempted, I know they had a great time with it!

Don Doré, thank you for all of your hard work organizing the Guardian of the Gauntlet.  You made sure that you were self-sufficient and added so much to the event.  I heard nothing but wonderful comments on the format.

Lady Moira and Honorable Lady Sosha, the feast was delicious!  Moira, you took over being the main person when Sosha realized her health would not allow her to complete the task and I am truly grateful.  The food was tasty, on time, and well-prepared.  Sosha, you went above and beyond to make certain it was a smooth transition.

Lord Wolf, the sideboard lunch was everything I hoped it would be!  It was nice to have a lunch on-site that allowed time to visit with friends for the break.  And yay, blackberries!

Lady Magdalena, gate ran smoothly and efficiently. You and your staff were wonderful and making certain our guests felt welcomed!

Lord Fionn, thank you so much for all of the hard work you did on the website.  There were several last minute updates that you kept making to make certain all had the last minute up-to-date information.

Lady Alianorra, the hafla ambiance was wonderful and I heard the food was delicious.  Thank you for being flexible and providing a safe place for those that were new to Middle Eastern dancing could enjoy and practice their skills!

Mistress Gwenneth, thank you for all the hard work you did in assembling the proceedings document!  Also, I truly appreciate your counsel on how to handle the document and the printing costs.

Lord Goldweard, I appreciate you being the day-of steward so I had a chance to take classes and participate in the ball.  It allowed me to not stress and know that minor problems would be handle.

There were several others who helped throughout the day.  Each of you helping even just move a couple of tables, I greatly appreciate your assistance!  This is what makes the SCA fun!

In service,
Myfanwy