[Hellsgate] Benefit for His Amazing Near Sighted "Excellency" (Truly a legend in his own mind!)

sdirocco sdirocco at suddenlink.net
Mon Jan 6 20:10:50 PST 2014

Bonsoir Bryn Gwlad & Hellsgate!

In case you are not on facebook, or have not otherwise heard, there will be
a benefit tourney at Bryn Gwlad’s Candlemas on February 1st, 2014

A small group of friends will be holding a Silent Auction and overseeing a
Benefit Tourney for Sir Dietrich Kempenich von Eltz, a knight of the society
who has the misfortune of bearing a striking resemblance to the notorious
rapscallion and ne’er-do-well known as Hanse Kleermaker, in the hopes that
the funds will be allocated toward recent medical costs incurred.
The prevailing belief is that our dear friend Sir Dietrich recently suffered
a medical episode that left him believing himself to be Hanse. For those who
may not have encountered him, "Hanse" believes himself to be nobility with
land entitlements. (Dietrich has been hit in the head a lot...We think...)
Please come out and help us support our friend so that we may further assist
him with the care he needs.

Silent Auction:
The populace may donate items to, and participate in a silent auction.
Baroness Zecharia Ines Balzan will be helping to coordinate the Silent
Auction. Please take a moment to let her know what you are donating, so that
we don't overlook anyone. (If you have already committed items via facebook,
I have already informed her.)
Her email is: deddy2_at_austin.rr.com

Wager Tournament:
We currently plan to hold chivalric & rapier tournaments that will allow
participants to buy in, and also allow the populace to participate by
wagering for or against individual fighters. Heckling encouraged!
Fees would be small.  There will be a small buy in fee to compete, and we
will be accepting $1.00 bets.  Any and all monetary donations will gladly be
accepted.

Our Cause:
All proceeds collected are to benefit the medical care of our friend, Sir
Dietrich Kempenich von Eltz, who bears a resemblance to one Hanse
Kleermaker.

Particulars:
Some Details for this are still being worked out. Info will be updated very
soon.

If you are on facebook, the event page is here & invites are being
distributed:
https://www.facebook.com/events/555174407909443/?ref_dashboard_filter=calend
ar

I look forward to seeing you there!

In Service to the Dream,

Lady Renée du Valier

Per pale gules and azure, a sun in splendor or and a base embattled argent.