[Hellsgate] Geekfest Artisans

Michelle Buchmeier mdbuchmeier at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:00:57 PDT 2016

Greetings unto the populace,

This weekend is the Stronghold of Hellsgate annual Demo at Central Texas
College’s Geekfest. Geekfest is  a small(ish) comicon that the college
hosts as a fundraiser. For the past 5 years the Stronghold has put on a
demo in the college’s large outdoor field. This year we are making our demo
bigger than ever and are asking for your help. We will be setting up a
medieval village around our lyst field to host various artisans showcasing
their talents. We want to be able to show as many aspects of the SCA as
possible. We are still looking for more artisans to help us out. So far our
list includes:

Jean Raimbeaut and Belle Otte: Calligraphy

Mistress Willoc: Spinnning

Mihaly and Patricia: Weaving

Michael Call: Seige Engines

Michael Lewis: Chainmail

Alex Bendaya: Leatherworking

Asta Bassadottir: Norse Jewelry

Denise Lloyd: Knitting

Judith Sinclair: ?

Dolly and Jesse Stamper: ?

Bryn Gwlad Dance Guild

Those with question marks by their names, I need to know what art you’re
interested in showing so we can make signs.

If you are interested in helping us please let me know by Wednesday
evening. We are looking for as many various art forms as possible. We do
ask that each artisan please bring your own chair and table. If possible
please bring a pavilion or pop up for shade, Contact Jean Raimbeaut with
sizes. A few will be provided but we want to make sure there is plenty of
shade for everyone as it is in a large open field with no trees. Lunch is
not provided but there will be a waterpoint.

Central Texas College Geekfest

Central Texas College Killeen, TX

Saturday 8-13-16

10am -6pm

Sunday 8-1-16

10am -6pm

We are not asking that you stay only at our demo, please feel free to
wander around the comicon throughout the day in between demos. We do not
yet have a set schedule for everything but the fighting happens about every
1.5 hours. We ask that the artisans be willing to talk to the public about
their craft for about 30 mins following each set of fights.

If interested please contact me at:

mdbuchmeier at gmail.com or on Facebook: Michelle Buchmeier

In Service,

Lady Asta Bassaottir