[Hellsgate] Fwd: Yule Revel

Jeri Wood aurelia4121 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 14:58:15 PST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeri Wood <aurelia4121 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:49 PM
Subject: Yule Revel
To: Hellsgate Email Blast <hellsgate-request at lists.ansteorra.org>,
bryn-gwlad at lists.ansteorra.org

Greetings Lords and Ladies!!

The time is almost upon us for Yule Revel. I wanted to be sure everyone got
as much information as possible.

Schedule
8 to 10 a.m. Set up
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Steinmeister Tournament and Practice with activities
inside for those not fighting.
12 to 4 p.m. Finger foods and activities, including dancing, crafts,
stocking stuffing, land court and generally being social.
4 p.m. Feast
5:30 Court if the Baron and Baroness so choose
6:30 More dancing and merriment as Father Christmas hands out everyone's
stockings.
8 p.m. Clean up

Land Court

The Baron has explained this better than I have ever been told in a
facebook post so I won't expand on that here. Just remember to bring your
largess or a new unwrapped toy for ages 0 to 15 to donate to Blue Santa for
needy families in Coryell County.

Stockings

In the past, everyone has done a pirate gift exchange or something like it
and parents brought gifts for their own children. This year to change
things up and have some fun, we are stuffing stockings. Everyone needs to
bring a stocking to hang and things to stuff in the stockings. You will
have ample opportunity throughout the event to wander the stockings and
drop goodies into any stocking you wish to. We have a young lady that will
gladly tag your stockings when you arrive with a color coded tag that will
indicate your name and basic age (Adult/Child) so it is easier to stuff
them.

Food

There will be coffee and assorted beverages throughout the day. SUDDS is
even making spiced cider to warm us. Finger foods and snacks will be served
starting at noon. There will also be a potluck dinner with Ham, Pork Loin,
and Brisket provided beginning at 4p. If you are from the centuries prior
to 1000 please bring a dessert; from 1000 to 1200 bring finger foods to
munch throughout the day; from 1300 through 1500 please bring a side dish
for the feast. Please remember to bring serving utensils and feast gear.

Subtlety Competition!

A lovely gingerbread house or a confectionery mouse? A cat shaped cake or
an edible Hellsgate? Come show us at the Yule Subtlety competition! It can
be as grand or demure as you'd like and documentation is not necessary. A
prize will be won by a champion! Just bring your entry to the specially
marked table. You can reach me for questions at patricialdarby at gmail.com
Several of the guilds will be on hand for different activities. Please come
and make merry with the Stronghold of Hellsgate and the Barony of
Bryn-Gwlad.

I am available on facebook or by email at aurelia4121 at gmail.com

Living the dream!
Aurelia Beauchamp (Jeri Wood)