ANSTHRLD - Grant question

Amy & Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Wed Dec 31 10:00:00 PST 1969

To clarify my original posting.  I believe the original intent (in at
least some kingdoms) was a rank analogous to privy counsellor.  In
England the Lord High Chancellor,  during term of office, ranks just
below the Archbishop of Canterbury, and above all nonroyal nobility.
The office also carries a seat in the Privy Council, which are always
for life.  A Privy Counselor ranks just below a Garter knight and above
all lesser orders.

Supporters are only registered a few places in the SCA, but a rather
larger number of kingdoms have rulings on who can use them.

As to order of precedence, I have a question of my own.  Where can I get
a current Ansteorran order?  The kingdom web site has an order of march,
but these differ from strict precedence in most kingdoms. The order
itself seems a bit odd since it puts Ladies and Lord of the Rose after
AoAs, together with Lions.  The Rose is a peerage order, and I had been
under the impression that the Lion of Ansteorra was a non-precedential
order.

If the Known World Heralds' list yields any interesting results on the
question of grants, could someone please post it to this list?  thank
you.