ANSTHRLD - submissions rates by branches

Wendy Erisman werisman at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 13 07:50:17 PDT 1998

Greetings --

	I have been curious about the level of submissions from different local
groups in the kingdom so I did a quick survey of the last 15 months worth.
The results are below.

	I realize some of these numbers are complex to interpret. Steppes, for
example, is a large barony with a canton and a strong heraldic presence so
we would expect lots of submissions, but its number of submissions has also
been increased by Da'ud's peer project. Some smaller groups have few
submissions because their membership is stable and everyone who is going to
register something already has.

	On the other hand, I am concerned about the low number of submissions from
larger groups where I'm sure there are new members. What suggestions do
people on this list have for increasing submissions rates from these
groups? I know consultation tables at events work, and I hope to encourage
those. What else can we ask the local heralds to try or do ourselves as
members of the College of Heralds?

					Gwenllian, Asterisk

# of submissions January 1997 - May 1998

Baronies (includes cantons, colleges, and strongholds)
	Steppes 	44
	Bjornsborg	17
	Elfsea 	14
	Stargate	12