ANSTHRLD - Heraldic Display

Darin Herndon (remote) darin_herndon at bswintl.com
Tue Apr 14 01:55:34 PDT 1998

Concerning ideas to increase submissions, I would like to tell how the
Barony of Northkeep started doing something similar to HL Modar's
suggestion.

The captain of our baronial guard in Northkeep is a long time
transplant from Three Rivers in Calontir.  He came to (I believe) our
baronies November meeting with a long banner showing outlines of
heater shapes five accross and explained that he was starting a Roll
of Arms for our barony.  This is apparently something they had in
Three Rivers.  The first row was reserved for the arms of the barony,
the founding baron and baroness, and two of our deceased members
(William Blackfox and Kendra Kenmare).  The idea of a Roll of Arms
has caught on in our barony and we are getting more interest in
submissions.  Everyone wants to get their arms painted on the banner.
 The captain takes submissions as received and there is no precedence
in the order they are shown (except for the first row).

If this idea helps other groups get more interest in submitting, I'll
be pleased.

Lord Etienne de St. Amaranth
Deputy Pursuivant for Northkeep
Obelisk Herald