ANSTHRLD - Heraldry Articles

Ron Knight rknight at kumc.edu
Tue Apr 14 06:52:05 PDT 1998

Greetings from Modar!

Lord Etienne,

You inquired:

>First off, Lord Modar would you be willing to send me copies
>of the articles "Creating a Persona/Choosing a Name" and
>"Creating a Device"?  I would love to run one in May and the
>other in June.

I would be delighted.  Hardcopies, plus a disk with the files
will be in the mail by tomorrow.

>Articles on duties and the submission process ought to be
>written by members of our kingdom so that our particulars
>get explained.  [Hint to the Ansteorran World. ;-)]

I quite agree.  Although I will send you copies of them, just
so you can see them.  Any comments on improving the
articles would be appreciated.

>Further, Lord Modar would you be willing to allow local heralds
>to pass the articles on to their chroniclers for printing locally?  I
>could include in the heading of the articles permission from you
>for a one time reprint by local groups if you allow it.

I would certainly allow it.  I would also allow copies to be passed
out at consulting tables.

>I would like to carry this idea one step further.  If more heralds
>would like to submit articles to the Gazette, they could carry
>permission for one-time reprints by local groups.

Great idea!!!

>This could greatly help local heralds who may not know what
>to write for their newletters as well as educate the populace.
>I do not know any local chroniclers who would not like to have
>more to include.

True.  And very well put.

In Service to the Society,
Modar