ANSTHRLD - submissions rates by branches

Andrea Hicks don-andrea-hicks at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 13 05:30:59 PDT 1998

Wendy Erisman wrote:

snipped

 What suggestions do
> people on this list have for increasing submissions rates from these
> groups? I know consultation tables at events work, and I hope to encourage
> those. What else can we ask the local heralds to try or do ourselves as
> members of the College of Heralds?

I never got around to this myself, but the local heralds could write an
article about basic heraldry for their group newletter. Spread this info
out through several months beacuse there is a lot to learn. A brief
history about it,what is good heraldry, types of banners, pennons, etc.

The herald could teach or get an experienced herald to teach an A&S
class on heraldry. Then later another A&S class could be banner making
by those who have submitted and have had their devices accepted.

Someone on SCAHRLDS (was that you Modar?) has a posterboard of all the
member's devices or arms displayed.

I don't think heralds should drum up business per se, but the folks need
to know about heraldry.  There could be a few budding heralds out there
that just don't realize it yet.

Just my opinions.

Maridonna