ANSTHRLD - Achievements

John Ruble jruble at urocor.com
Mon Apr 27 07:08:18 PDT 1998

Predslava said:
> I know I should know this... Or at least where to find the information...
> Still... Help!
>
> I would like to find out how many copies of the achievement registration
> form
> I need to send and to whom.
>
> I also need to check whether my client (a court Baron) can have a helm of
> any
> color (except that reserved to Dukes), and whether the fee is indeed $8.

HI!!! Yes, yes, yes. Oh, boy.  Umph.  All right, I'll curb my excitement.
Achievement registrations trickle in so slow, you know, compared to the
number of grant level and above armigers...

How many copies? One required, two would be nice.  Send them to me.  The
fee?  AbSoLuTeLy FREE!!!  Pay no money now, zero percent interest.  (In more
than one way...)  The achievement registrations process is simple.  Send me
a form.  I write it up in the Ansteorran Gazette.  Heralds around the world
(or at least around the kingdom) pour day and night over all the previously
registered crests and supporters to check for possible conflict.  Possible
conflict is defined as less than one clear visual difference.  The parts of
the achievement must follow period heraldic style (no fuchsia livery or
helms from Conan), and a few other minor rules. If, after being in the
Gazette for a month, no one finds suitable reason to nix it, it is
considered registered.  Maximum turn around time: 2 months +/- 1
StupidUlfieDelay factor.

For you baron, any reasonable color except gold is permitted for helms of
Peers and Nobles.  As you stated, gold is reserved for Dukes. And again, No
Fee!

My address is:
Ulf Gunnarsson or Ulfie or Stellar Scroll or something
c/o John Ruble
3100 Bent Oaks Circle
Norman, OK 73072

Also, I have a web site listing what is currently registered, and an
Ordinary for Crests and for Supporters.  It will have a copy of the
registration form in a few days (or less).  It is at:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/2883/heraldry.html

Any other questions?
- -Ulfie
(Oh joy! Rapture! Another one! snort-snort...)