ANSTHRLD - Coronets or fillets?

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Thu Feb 12 14:52:55 PST 1998

Daniel de Lincoln wrote:

> In many (most?) jurisdictions in period Europe, you didn't
> register arms.  You assumed them.  (This is fundamental
> problem #637 with the SCA award structure.)

Please expound--do you mean that they were simply something someone
started doing without any nods from royalty rather than an award?  I've
only been reading British practice--which, unless I'm missing something,
started keeping track of arms fairly early and only allowed people to
display them if awarded the arms by the crown, right?

AElfwyn, feeling the sands shift under her feet.