ANSTHRLD - ILoAR 0598

Wendy Erisman werisman at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 15 17:46:49 PDT 1998

	Herewith are the decisions for ILoI 0598 as determined at the kingdom
meeting held at Coronation in Wiesenfeuer on July 11, 1998. Please remember
that decisions can never be considerd final until they have been printed in
the Ansteorran Gazette.

					Gwenllian, Asterisk

1) Ana Maria Maddelena Selvaggio
	Badge – forwarded to Laurel with the blazon changed to "(Fieldless) A
mullet within and conjoined to the attires of a stag’s head cabossed Or."

2) Averial Thorhalla
	Badge – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

3) Corwin Magone
	Name – forwarded to Laurel as submitted
Device – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

4) David Michael Collanwode
	Name – forwarded to Laurel with the spelling of the surname changed to
"Collanwood" to give it  better temporal consistency.
	Device – returned for conflict with Demetrius Gordanius Analindal, "Per
chevron gules and sable, a chevron between two crescents argent and a
talbot’s head erased argent spotted sable," with only one CD for changing
the type of the secondaries.

5) Dub Essa ni Bhriain
	Device – returned for the use, without documentation, of a
never-registered and probably post-period line of division. The College
also believes that the use of two disparate charges of different tinctures
with a counterchanged chief makes the device appear to be marshalled arms.

6) Duncan Hepburn
	Name – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.
	Device – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

7) Geoffrey Le Bay
	Name – forwarded to Laurel with the surname corrected to "le Bay" to match
the submittor’s documentation.
	Device – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

8) Isabella Marie In Carboni
	Name – forwarded to Laurel as "Isabella Marie Carboni" after dropping the
unnecessary preposition.

9) Joanna Dorcas de la Tunshende
	Name – forwarded to Laurel with the surname corrected to "de la
Tuneshende" to match the submittor’s documentation.

10) Katriona von Halberstadt
	Name – forwarded to Laurel as "Katerina von Halberstadt." With the
submittor’s permission, we have substituted a German variant of the given
name.
	Device – forwarded to Laurel with the blazon changed to "Sable, a chevron
rompú and in base a rose argent."

11) Kayleigh Drake
	Name – forwarded to Laurel as "Caley Drake." With the submittor’s
permission, we have substituted a documentable spelling of the given name.
	Device – returned for violation of a Laurel precedent of 9/93 which states
that "the College has judged inverted creatures to be unacceptable, barring
documentation of this practice in period heraldry."

12) Lisette de Meyners
	Device – returned for redrawing. The consensus of the College was that the
quill pen is too small to be identifiable and that the chief should be
drawn so that it does not blur the distinction between a chief and a per
fess division.

13) Margaret Fletcher
	Device – forwarded to Laurel with the blazon changed to "Gules, an arrow
bendwise inverted Or."

14) Maridonna Benvenuti
	Badge – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

15) Melanie of Bassenthwaite
	Name – forwarded to Laurel as "Melanie Bassenthwaite." Since the submittor
allowed any changes, we elected to make the byname more temporally consistent.
	Device – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

16) Mor Loft
	Device – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

17) Ofelia le Fleming
	Name – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.
	Device – forwarded to Laurel as submitted. While we are very concerned
that this device will conflict with Eleanor Colwell of Glouchester, "Per
bend gules and azure, a cross-crosslet Or and another argent," we would
prefer that Laurel make the decision as to whether the primary charges are
sufficiently different to be clear under RfS X.2.

18) Owen Cedric Campbell
	Name -- forwarded to Laurel as "Owen Campbell." With the submittor’s
permission, we have dropped the post-period "Cedric."

19) Patrick Donovan of Warwick
	Device – returned for conflict with Yllaria of Wilde Wode, "Argent, a
wolf’s head erased gules within a bordure sable," and with Garanhir of
Ness, "Argent, a wolf’s head erased to sinister gules."

20) Robert Carmichael
	Device – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

21) Rolanda Rossner
	Device – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

22) Romanius Scipio Vesperanius
	Name – returned for lack of a praenomen, a necessary element of a
Classical Roman three-element name.
	Device – pended awaiting submission of an acceptable name.

23) Rosario In Carboni
	Name – forwarded to Laurel as "Rosario Carboni" after dropping the
unnecessary preposition.

24) Rumo Fletcher
	Name – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.
	Device – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

25) Sigmund Theodoric von Halberstadt
	Name – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.
	Device – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

26) Wolfker der Jäger
	Device – forwarded to Laurel on the field "Checky Or and sable." With the
submittor’s permission, we have reversed the tinctures of the field so that
the gules fimbriations lie on Or checks rather than on sable ones.

27) Wisenfeuer, Barony of
	Badge – forwarded to Laurel as submitted.

Unpended Items

1) Owen ap Aeddan ap Trahaearne
	Name – pended 5/98 awaiting receipt of a letter of permission from Aeddan
ap Trahaearne. Fowarded to Laurel as submitted.

2) Timotheus Kranidious
	Name – pended 6/98 to allow consultation with the submittor. Forwarded to
Laurel as "Timotheos Kalamanos." With the submittor’s permission, we have
changed to spelling of the given name to the more usual transliteration of
the Greek and have substituted a documented Byzantine family name.