ANSTHRLD - Re: Anst Heralds List

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Jul 7 20:22:02 PDT 1998

[This was my response to Anton.]

I'm afraid I missed where you're located -- if you're near Dallas or
Bryn Gwlad, I know there are commentary groups that meet regularly in
each place.  The Collated Commentary in the back of each Ansteorran
Gazette lists other commenters, and they doubtless meet too.  I
learned most everything thru osmosis.

For on-line articles, see the Laurel Sovereign of Arms web page, at
http://www.sca.org/heraldry .  You can go from there to the Academy of
S. Gabriel's web page, which also has articles.  I think Rouland
Carre's articles, "De Bello Armorumque" or some such, are on the
Laurel page and have info on how to blazon.

Oh, once you have the basic vocabulary down (the tinctures, the
ordinaries, and such), Da'ud ibn Auda has a three-diskette set of
slides for Blazon 101.  Runs on Windows 95 and NT.  It's pretty nice.
$10 from davidappleton at compuserve.com .

"Will got go so bye".  Sorry I can't suggest more at the moment.

- --
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.