ANSTHRLD - Some questions to which I responded:

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at mcn.net
Tue Jul 21 19:12:09 PDT 1998

Greetings!

Lurking away, I spotted the following:
<snip>
> As for the OP, the outward and visible sign (other than your charter)
> of your award: I suspect that few OP heralds read each LoAR looking
> for name changes.  I suspect that fewer would alter their databases to
> match.  -- That's actually an interesting philosophical question.  If
> the Crown gives an award to Foo Bar and he later changes his name to
> Baz Quux, should the OP be changed?
<snip>

Well, speaking as a Kingdom OP herald, I _did_ have to deal with
this - Viscount Sir Aylwin Graham the Flamehaired changed to
Viscount Sir Yumitori no Kiyoshi after he achieved his viscounty
(major life change involving signficant other). I changed the
database name to read 'Yumitori no Kiyoshi/Aylwin Graham the
Flamehaired'. For others who have also changed names I have
done the same thing. This is just my way of attempting to make
the OP user-friendly.

Lurker mode back on.

Shauna
shauna at mcn.net