ANSTHRLD - ILoAR 0398

HL Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Wed May 13 22:22:03 PDT 1998

On Wed, 13 May 1998 23:41:36 -0500, Charlene Charette
<charlene at flash.net> wrote:

>HL Larkin O'Kane wrote:
>
>> >4) Alix Sigri von Ravensburg
>> >       Name – forwarded to Laurel as "Alix von Ravensburg." With the submittor’s
>> >permission, we have dropped the undocumentable second give name.
>> >       Device – returned for conflict with Frederick of Feoliddwyn, "Per chevron
>> >sable and argent, a pale ermine."  There is only one CD for the changes to
>> >the field.
>>
>> I don't understand how these conflict.  There is no visual similarity
>> except for the pale.  One has a field divided - the other has only a
>> field. One has only one color - the other has a color and a metal.  They
>> are not visually similar.
>
>Because there is only one CD for all changes to the field  --  a rule I've bumped
>into a number of times and still don't agree with.
>
>--Perronnelle

And if, instead of the pale (an ordinary) it was any of the "peripheral
ordinaries" [chief, bordure, base, quarter, canton, gyron, orle, double
tressure, flaunches ]  there would be two CDs for the differences in the
field.  Sigh! about the time I think I'm beginning to understand this
avocation of ours I seem to bump my head again.

Larkin O'Kane     I will not purposly offend anyone in a public forum:
CSM, AoO          If this post offends you, please tell me privately.