ANSTHRLD - ILoAR 0398

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Thu May 14 21:33:02 PDT 1998

> Daniel "Alta Vista on "Oxford English Dictionary" ... and there
> were some links that indicate an OED *on the Web*" d eLincolia

Been there, done that.  Went looking through lots -- and I mean *lots* -- of
them.  Many are at universities and you need an account on that system to gain
access.  I did find a bug in one of them in that if you plugged the word into
Alta Vista it would take you to their OED page for that entry even though you
couldn't get to it using their search -- they've fixed it *g*.  I found one site
that announced they were working on a few issues and would have the OED online
"soon".  The last update on the page was over a year ago.  *SIGH*

- --Perronnelle

- --
To be prepared against surprise is to be trained.  To be prepared for surprise
is to be educated.  --James P. Carse