ANSTHRLD - ILoAR 0398

HL Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Wed May 13 20:23:07 PDT 1998

On Wed, 13 May 1998 19:34:23 -0500, Wendy Erisman
<werisman at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

>Greetings --
>
>	Herewith are the results of the College of Heralds meeting held at Namron
>Beltane on May 9. Please note that no decision can be considered final
>until it has appeared in the Ansteorran Gazette.
>
>4) Alix Sigri von Ravensburg
>	Name – forwarded to Laurel as "Alix von Ravensburg." With the submittor’s
>permission, we have dropped the undocumentable second give name.
>	Device – returned for conflict with Frederick of Feoliddwyn, "Per chevron
>sable and argent, a pale ermine."  There is only one CD for the changes to
>the field.

I don't understand how these conflict.  There is no visual similarity
except for the pale.  One has a field divided - the other has only a
field. One has only one color - the other has a color and a metal.  They
are not visually similar.

>9) Esther Anne Wright
>	Device – forwarded to Laurel with the blazon changed to "Per saltire Or
>and argent, four frogs heads outward azure."

If I had to draw this from the discription there would only be frogs
heads and no bodies (yeah, I know. Gramatically that would be frog heads.
)

>13) Hugh fitz Maynard
>	Device – returned for violating a Laurel precedent from 3/93 indicating
>that game boards must be drawn as delfs with the game markings on them
>rather than as simply lines on the field (which makes them thin-line
>heraldry).

I don't understand this. Possibly because I can't find the word "delfs"
in my dictionary.

Larkin O'Kane     I will not purposly offend anyone in a public forum:
CSM, AoO          If this post offends you, please tell me privately.