ANSTHRLD - Craftmarks

John Ruble jruble at urocor.com
Wed Nov 4 07:57:18 PST 1998

Petruccio said:

> This is a very good idea.  It's nice that you "took the bull by the
> horns"
> as it were.
> Have you considered talking to any of the guilds and see if they are
> interested in
> promoting the process?

Actually, I inherited the task.  Over the years, Star Signet and various
Laurels had tried to get something like this going.  When I was trying to
recover the all the lost achievements registered in the kingdom, I ran
across this list of craftmarks.  Star Signet at the time said "This looks
like the same kind of thing as the achievements.  You be in charge of it
now."  This is called "volunteering"...

What I would like to do with it is provide a registry of craftmarks from
this kingdom to any interested parties.  It would be nice to get a copy to
all the A&S ministers and all the heralds, but that is a prohibitively large
mailing, and the moment I mailed it out it would be out of date. So I will
most likely put it on the web page, and provide copies of the current list
to Star, Star Signet, and the regional heralds with my next achievement
update.

Guilds are welcome to register.  One guild, Spanghollow Pottery, has theirs
on it already.  And we had one case about a year ago where I was able to
identify the crafter of an item in our lost and found from this list, which
could help in returning to the rightful owner.

Ulfie