ANSTHRLD - Craftmarks

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Thu Nov 5 20:34:38 PST 1998

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Jodi McMaster wrote:
> Do I take the exchange between Ulf & Petruccio to mean that at some
> point there *was* a registry of such things?

I think you take it wrong: from Ulf I gather that Ansteorra *does*
have a registry, and from Petruccio and I you gather that the SCA CoA
once registered tinctureless armory, and now registers anything that
can be blazoned and otherwise fits our rules.

> the "but I *wanna* register it" response.

Really, what's the point of registering anything?  All it does is
protect you in The Big Book of Armory, not from anyone else's use.
Being in TBBoA does make it nicer for scribes to know how to spell
your name and paint your shield.

Daniel "just in it for the fun of paperwork, and for Cokes and
chocolate" de Lincolia
- --
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address.