ANSTHRLD - Craftmarks

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Nov 5 23:56:14 PST 1998

> Search me. I vaguely suspect it's some sort of SCA version of
> christening.  But whenever I point out to someone who wants to use
> celtic knots around a boss--a decoration I see in my AS books--that it's
> perfectly fine to just use it without registering it, I worry that I'm
> about to be burned at the stake for heresy.

I've said such things at commenting tables and nearly felt that I was
about to be thrown onto the warfield as a target.  It's an unpopular
opinion in some circles hereabouts; but take heart, for the *really*
senior heralds I've met do indeed share the opinion that registration
should not be the only reason for name and armory creation and
documentation.

- - Teceangl
  An Tir heraldry fiend and out-kingdom list-lurker
- --
                Looking for me?    tierna at agora.rdrop.com
 Up to my eyeballs, if it's important, mail-bomb me.  If not, pray patience?